Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Carlsbad
Decades of Legal Experience on Your Side After an Accident
The population of California is growing at a rapid pace, and with this change there are more vehicles sharing our roadways. As a result, motorcycles are becoming a more popular choice for commuting. However, some motorists still do not know how to properly share the road with motorcycles. Many car drivers fail to notice motorcycles, or have poor speed-spacing judgment. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the number of motorcyclist crash-related fatalities has more than doubled during the past 10 years.
If you’ve been injured by one of these motorists, we at the Levinson Law Group are here to help you get fair compensation for any damages you have suffered and get the justice you deserve. Call the Levinson Law Group today at (760) 742-5221 to speak with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney and get your free consultation!
Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcyclists are about 26 times more likely to die and 5 times more likely to be injured than people riding in passenger cars, according to the NHTSA. The majority of accidents involving motorcycles were not caused by the person riding the motorcycle.
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Drivers changing lanes without noticing motorcycles
- Inexperienced motorcyclists
- Loss of control due to obstacles in the road
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
Motorcycle Safety Tips
The single most effective safety measure to prevent severe injury or death during a motorcycle accident is wearing a properly fitted helmet. Some other safety tips for preventing motorcycle related accidents and injuries include:
- Share the Road: Motorcyclists should make themselves visible to other motorists and all motorists should be extra cautious around each other.
- Ride within your Limits: Don’t risk unnecessary actions.
- Wearing protective gear: Helmet included!
- Ride Sober: Never ride your motorcycle when you have been drinking. Alcohol greatly affects the motor skills necessary to safely operate a motorcycle, affecting your balance, coordination, and so on.
- Obey road rules: Speeding is a major cause of motorcycle crashes.
Choose an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
It can be difficult to determine who was at fault in a motorcycle accident. The cause of the crash may have been:
- Rider error
- Another motorist’s neglect
- Hazardous objects on roadways
- Motorcycle manufacturer defects
Our firm can analyze the facts of your case to uncover the responsible party. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident your time is limited when it comes to seeking justice. It is important to seek legal representation as quickly as possible since evidence must be gathered, and witnesses must be interviewed. You may be entitled to a cash settlement for your property damage, pain and suffering, medical bills, lost past and future earnings, and other damages.
Schedule Your Free Legal Consultation Today
Gordon Levinson is an aggressive Oceanside personal injury lawyer who represents injured motorcycle accident victims for a contingent fee, which means that we only charge a fee if we win you a judgment or a cash settlement. Call the Levinson Law Group at (760) 742-5221 today for a free consultation. We fight to win.