Carlsbad Lawyer for Distracted Driving Accidents
Over 40 Years of Legal Experience on Your Side After a Car Accident
Although distracted driving is a major cause of car accidents every day the majority of us do it all the time—maybe without even realizing it! If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident involving a distracted driver, you should not hesitate to contact our team at the Levinson Law Group. Let a Carlsbad auto accident lawyer from our firm examine your case and fight for you.
What Is a Distracted Driving Accident?
Distracted driving can be defined as performing any activity while driving that diverts our attention from safely operating our vehicle. Sound familiar?
Some activities include:
- Talking on a cell phone
- Texting while driving
- Passenger distractions
- Eating and drinking
- Using a GPS navigational device
- Adjusting music including a radio, iPod, or phone
- Pets in the vehicle
Get the Facts!
Below are some interesting—and alarming—facts about distracted driving:
- Distracted driving accounts for thousands of deaths from distraction-related car accidents every year with an estimated 500,000 people injured according to the United States Department of Transportation.
- Every day in the United States, it is estimated that about 660,000 drivers use cell phones or other devices while driving.
- Engaging in certain activities while driving such as texting, searching for an item in the vehicle, talking on a hand-held phone, and using a GPS navigation system, among other actions, increases the risk of causing a car crash by up to three times!
- Although the use of a hands-free device while driving is legal in California, it is still proven to be an unsafe activity when operating a motor vehicle.
- If you text and drive your eyes are taken off the road for an average of five seconds at a time. Imagine this: If you are traveling at 55mph, that’s enough time to cross the length of an entire football field; blindfolded!
Spread the Word About the Dangers of Distracted Driving in California
At the Levinson Law Firm, one of our major goals is to protect drivers and to make our roads safer. Studies show that distracted driving kills—and all too often, it is the innocent and their families that suffer.
Do your part in helping prevent distraction-related car crashes by spreading the word:
- The first step towards making California roads safer is to protect yourself. If possible, make all your phone calls before you put they key in the ignition then turn your phone off or keep it out of sight so you’re not tempted to use it.
- Preparation is key to driving distraction free. Know where you are going beforehand and turn on music you want to listen to before you start driving.
- If you are a passenger and the driver is distracted, say something! It could save both of your lives.
The Levinson Law Group Fights for Auto Accident Victims in Carlsbad
If you or a loved one was a victim of a distraction-related car crash, you need to contact the Levinson Law Group as soon as possible. Call us at (760) 742-5221 or send us a message to speak with an experienced Carlsbad personal injury lawyer. We have recovered tens millions of dollars for our clients. We are highly committed to bringing justice to the innocent and holding those who have caused harm to you or your family responsible for their actions.
Contact the Levinson Law Group for more information, starting with a free case review, by dialing (760) 742-5221 today!