Carlsbad Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
Nearly $50 Million Recovered for Victims in Southern California
Drunk driving is a major cause of auto accidents in the United States—and a heartbreaking one. Alcohol involved in many serious crashes that result in serious injuries and even death, but it is completely avoidable. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (M.A.D.D.), a person is injured in a drunk driving accident every two minutes, and every day, another 27 people in the United States die because of collisions involving alcohol.
At the Levinson Law Group, we are passionate about protecting our clients and asserting their rights through focused, dedicated advocacy. Our founding attorney has been practicing law for 20 years. As a team, we work together to ensure that each client feels like the only client we are serving. Our goal is to protect our clients’ rights tenaciously. We believe in fighting for our clients and in working to make our community as a whole safer.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident with a drunk driver, call the Levinson Law Group at (760) 742-5221 today or use our online form to arrange a free consultation with a Carlsbad auto accident lawyer.
Make a Promise: Don’t Drink & Drive
On average, two out of every three people will be involved in a drunk driving accident in their lifetimes. You can help make our community safer and protect yourself and others on the road by making a commitment never to drink and drive, and encouraging others to do the same.
These are some facts from M.A.D.D. about drunk driving:
- The average human being metabolizes alcohol at approximately a one drink per hour rate, with a drink consisting of EITHER 5 ounces of wine, 12 ounces of beer, or 1.5 ounces of distilled spirits.
- Nothing but time passed will “sober you up” once you are under the influence. Exercise, a cold shower, and / or strong coffee won’t do the drink.
- In the United States, individuals drink too much before getting behind the wheel approximately 121 million times every year. This equals 300,000 drunk driving incidents per day, though only about 3,200 arrests for drunk driving occur daily.
- Drunk driving costs the United States approximately $132 billion annually, and individual adults $500 per year.
- In 2015, there were 10,265 people killed in drunk driving accidents, and 290,000 injured.
- On average, a drunk driver will drink and drive 80 times before being arrested for the first time.
- 28.7 million people admitted to driving drunk in 2013—more than the entire state of Texas.
- Men are more likely to drive drunk than women. In 2014, three times as many men were arrested for drunk driving as women.
Tips for Staying Safe on the Road
Some advice for staying safe and protecting yourself and your community from a drunk driver include:
- Avoid driving at night – When you can, avoid driving at night. In 2014, fatal crashes were four times more likely to involve alcohol if they occurred at night rather than the day.
- Be careful on weekends – In 2014, 16% of drivers involved in fatal weekday accidents were drunk, while 29% of drivers involved in fatal accidents on the weekend were drunk.
- Remind young people to be safe and arrange sober transportation – The age group most responsible for drinking and driving is 26 to 29 year-olds—20.7% of whom admit to drunk driving. However, fatal accidents involving alcohol are most likely to involve drunk drivers between the ages of 21 to 24.
We’re Dedicated to Keeping Our Community Safe
Our lead attorney is a former insurance industry representative, who worked for some of the major carriers in North America. This means he is experienced on both sides of these cases, and his clients benefit from his insider savvy. He is passionate about making Carlsbad, Oceanside, and surrounding communities safer, giving to local organizations through his charity the Levinson Foundation, and serving on the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Advisory Board as an active and involved member.
Sophisticated & Aggressive Legal Aid for Victims of Drunk Driving Accidents
Knowledgeable, caring, and dedicated to keeping the community stay safe, our team at the Levinson Law Group is one you can depend on after an accident involving a drunk driver. Our lawyers have recovered tens of millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements. We treat every client as if they are the only client we are representing, giving individualized attention to their needs. We’re here for you, and we’re ready to fight.
Contact the Levinson Law Group at (760) 742-5221 Today for a Free Consultation
Rely on our team for representation when it counts. You could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses after a drunk driving accident, including your medical expenses, missed wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, and much more. Our firm is passionate about ensuring that your recovery is maximized. We believe in fighting for victims and taking a stand so that you can begin to get back on your feet and get your life back after an accident.
At the Levinson Law Group, our Carlsbad auto accident attorneys operate on a contingent fee basis. This means that there is no cost for our services unless we win your case. If we win, our fee is taken as a percentage out of your overall recovery. Otherwise, you pay nothing. In most cases, we even advance fees. That’s our guarantee to you. Learn more about our 3 Guarantees for clients.
Are you ready to take the first step toward healing and getting justice after an injury? Call the Levinson Law Group at (760) 742-5221 to arrange your case review free of charge, or fill out our online form.