What Is My Automobile Accident Claim Worth?
Have you or your loved one been injured in an automobile accident? Are you worried about how you will pay the medical bills and your living expenses while you are out of work recovering from your injuries? First, you need immediate medical care for your injuries to ensure that you recovery as fully as possible. Second, you need a reliable law firm to help you with your automobile accident claim. A law firm that returns your calls and treats you as if you were its only automobile accident claim. You need a support system to handle the red tape, the insurance adjusters, the police, the hospital, the auto body shops, and many other parties and entities of interest.
The Levinson Law Group can help you receive the compensation you deserve for your automobile accident claim. Gordon R. Levinson used to represent the largest insurers in North America. Now he uses that knowledge and experience fighting for injured and aggrieved people against the big insurance companies. Put his experience and insider knowledge on your side. We accept cases on a contingent fee. That means that if there is no recovery in your case you pay no fee. And in most cases, we even advance the costs.
Determining the Worth of Your Automobile Accident Claim
During an initial consultation, if an attorney tells you that your automobile accident claim is worth $40,000, you should run! An experienced personal injury attorney knows that there is no way to determine the true value of an automobile accident claim during the first consultation. Attorneys who attempt to value an automobile accident claim very early in the case harm their client’s claim because they fail to perform the necessary work to build a strong case that maximizes compensation for the client. The experienced personal injury attorneys at the Levinson Law Group understand the importance of a proper investigation and the need for the client to recover fully from his or her injuries before beginning to calculate the true value of an automobile accident claim.
When our attorneys begin to evaluate the value of your automobile accident claim, we examine several elements including, but not limited to, the following:
- The amount of money you have accumulated in lost wages
- The total medical expenses incurred as a result of your injuries
- The out-of-pocket expenses that you have incurred because of the accident (i.e. travel expense to and from doctor appointments, over-the-counter medications, medical supplies, someone to cut your grass, etc.)
The total of the above costs gives us a starting point to determine the value your automobile accident claim. We must consider many other variables before determining the final value of your automobile accident claim. Those variables include but are not limited to:
- If you will require ongoing medical care for your injuries, we must add a dollar amount, based on an expert opinion, of the value for this medical care.
- If you will be unable to return to work, another expert will estimate the future lost wages you will incur due to the accident. We will add this amount to the base value.
- If you are able to work but unable to earn the same wages as before the accident due to your injuries, an expert will estimate a value for the loss of earning capacity to be added to the base value of your automobile accident claim.
- If you suffered permanent disfigurement or a permanent condition due to your injuries, you may be entitled to receive additional compensation.
- Your mental and physical pain and suffering are also an element that we want to include when determining the value of your automobile accident claim.
- Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may be entitled to seek punitive damages against the defendant. If so, this figure must be included in the final automobile accident claim submitted to the insurance company.
As you can see, many elements and variables must be included and addressed before we can properly assign a value to your automobile accident claim. Therefore, we will not rush to give you a “quick figure” simply to gain your business. We would rather work hard on your case so that we can gain the maximum amount of compensation possible for your automobile accident claim. This money will not undo the damage from the accident but it will help you receive medical care and provide for yourself and your family.